- Between 22 & 25 June, GLAM is exhibiting Gerroa artist, Michele Skuka’s work, ‘From Canopy to Coast’. It’s a vibrant collection of oils depicting the colourful creatures that inhabit the Illawarra region.
- And on 28 June, Ben Hobson’s digital book club will be interviewing critically acclaimed writer Robert Luckins about his new novel ‘Loveland’. This is an online event; you can visit the library’s website for more details.
- Then on 2 July, from 2-4pm ‘The Friends of Kiama Library’ monthly author talks are back. Join local South coast writer Meredith Jaffe for afternoon tea and an entertaining discussion about her hugely popular ‘The Dressmakers of Yarrandarrah Prison’ and her new novel ‘The Tricky Art of Forgiveness.
- From 5 to 16 July, the libraries are running a bunch of school holiday events, including the Commonwealth Games, Lego Challenge and lots of fun craft activities. Check the library for more information.
- And then, between 6 and 30 July, Kiama Library is exhibiting ‘The Art of Ageing’, an inspirational photographic exhibition that celebrates the value, experience and contribution older people bring and challenges assumptions about aging.