- Until 30 July, Kiama Library is exhibiting ‘The Art of Ageing’, an inspirational photographic exhibition that celebrates the value, experience and contribution older people bring and challenges some of our assumptions about aging.
- On 26 July, Ben Hobson will be in conversation with tremendous Australian author Tony Birch to discuss his book ‘The White Girl’.
- And the monthly Gerringong Knitting meetup at the library is on 29 July, and the next Kiama knitting meetup is on 4 August
- Also, on 4 August, there’s a beginner-friendly polymer clay workshop. Learn how to design, make and bake a pair of earrings or a pendant.
- On 6 August, join local Kiama personality Mario (Vah-yeh-hos) Vallejos for a Friends of Kiama library afternoon tea and a talk about his journey as a young man from Chile to Australia.
- Further ahead, on 9 Aug from 3 pm, The Get Dead Set for Dying to Know Day at Gerringong library is an event to help normalise and reshape how we all approach the end of life. Come along to an afternoon tea event where death, dying, and the practicalities of end-of-life planning will be discussed.
- And the next Games Club is at Gerringong Library on 12 August – byo board game.