- There are many, many, many creative spring school holiday activities, including building paper sailboats and lego villages and sock monsters
- On the 29th, a night at the museum event for the launch of ‘Remarkable: Stories of Australians and their boats’, which is an exhibition by the Australian National Maritime Museum and the Gerringong Historical Society celebrating our connections with water and boats.
- And knitting the library at Gerringong on 30th September and Kiama on 6 October
- 4th October, at Gerringong Library, there’s a free beginner-friendly ukulele session for ages 13-130. Bring your own uke and learn some simple chords, strumming techniques and how to tune and maintain your instrument. It runs for four weeks from 3:30 to 4:30. Books are essential
- On 6 October, there’s a beginner-friendly terrarium workshop for ages 15+ – all materials provided, and it runs from 3-4 pm
- On 8 October, Local writer, Meredith Jaffe, will be at Kiama Library from 2 pm to talk about her most popular novel, The Dressmakers of Yarrandarrah Prison, and her latest book, The Tricky Art of Forgiveness; afternoon tea will also be available
- On 13 October, the documentary ‘Moogy’s Yuki’ will be screening at Gerringong Library as part of the ‘Remarkable: Stories of Australians and their Boats’ exhibition.